Want a list of the ten best hotels in Cardiff to help you choose the best place to stay in Cardiff? Here are the 10 best hotels in Cardiff.
Because I live here, I often get asked to recommend hotels in Cardiff. When I lived in north Wales, I often stayed overnight on business in the capital, so I came to learn which hotels I liked best.
Best hotels in Cardiff City Centre
1. My favourite hotel in the city centre is the Park Plaza Cardiff, Park View Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AL, Wales. 029 2011 1111. This is where the cast of Gavin and Stacey stayed when they were filming in Cardiff. It’s luxurious without being too fancy.
2. When the Park Plaza is full, I usually try and book a room at the Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa
24-26 Newport Road, Cardiff CF24 0DD, Wales
029 2010 4740. There are some fantastic views from the upper floor bedrooms and suites and you can find food from most countries of the world a short stroll away along City Road.
3. My third choice in the central area is the Hilton Hotel Cardiff. Smack bang between the Mill Lane restaurant strip and the Motopoint Arena, this hotel really does have a prime location, and the buiding’s been around since the 1980s. Address: Hilton Cardiff, Kingsway, Cardiff CF10 3HH, Wales +44 800 028 1252
4. The Clayton Hotel Cardiff gets rave reviews on TripAdvisor. It’s right by Cardiff Central Railway Station in St. Mary Street, Cardiff CF10 1GD, Wales Tel: +44 800 568 8520 This is a Best Western hotel.
5. Radisson Blu Hotel, Meridian Gate Bute Terrace, Cardiff CF10 2FL, Wales 029 2010 1467
Best accommodation in Cardiff Bay
6. The St David’s Hotel is the one with the ‘sails’ on the roof on the waterfront on the Bay. The St. David’s Hotel
Havannah Street, Cardiff CF10 5SD, Wales 0844 854 2910
7. Jolyon’s Boutique Hotel,5 Bute Crescent, Cardiff CF10 5AN, Wales. The smallest hotel in this list. One reviewer writes: “Loved Jolyon’s hotel, booked a further two nights last minute and as a result had to hop rooms, stayed in 3 different rooms – so you can take my word that the rooms have a consistently high quality.”
Best hotels just outside Cardiff
8. New House Country Hotel Cardiff, Thornhill Road, Cardiff CF14 9UA, Wales. This is a few miles out of town on the old Caerphilly Mountain road, but the countryside location and spectacular views over the city – especially at night – might be just what you’re looking for if you’re in Cardiff for a romantic getaway. A great place to stay on BonfireNight: 5 November. One of the best hotels in Cardiff’s surroundings.
9. Village Hotel Cardiff, Hotel Cardiff Hotel Cardiff 29 Pendwyallt Road | Coryton, Cardiff CF14 7EF, Wales This is at the Coryton Roundabout, just north of Whitchurch, north Cardiff. Nice pool.
10. Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd, Culverhouse Cross Copthorne Way, Cardiff CF5 6DH, Wales 028 2003 2223. This is beneath the Wenvoe radio mast in Cunlverhouse Cross. It’s near an out-of-town shopping centre with an M&S, Tesco and TKMax. Quite an old hotel but the rooms are quite big.